I will list 25 self help quotes that I found over the years that are decorating my room, my fridge, and more importantly; my life. There are some self help quotes for depression, some for anxiety but most importantly self help quotes that we all need to hear from time to time. Life will always find a way to become harder and you should always be prepared.
The names of most of the people who said it vanished from my mind, but the power left behind by their words continues to reshape my choices time and time again.
1. Before going to sleep, remember that you did the best you could today
Every day is different and accordingly has its problems to solve, and you did everything you can with what you have on that day. Be proud of it.
2. You haven’t come this far JUST to come this far
It is like climbing the Everest only to start going down without looking around. Getting there is just a part.
3. Great things never came from comfort zones
Great inventions came to fulfill complicated issues. Get up and get out of your comfort zone to start working towards your goals once for all.
4. Your imperfections make your unique
There is perfection in the most mundane imperfections, look for them, and realize that you are unique in every aspect.
5. The people that try to bring you down are always below you
This kind of people that can’t climb for themselves tries to drag every other person they find so that they are comfortable knowing that more is just as miserable as them. Do not let that happen to you.
6. The bad things teach more than the good stuff
The good parts of life feel good, but the bad is where the lessons are.
7. Life is not the things that happen to you, but how you react to those things
You need to separate those concepts and caringly learn to manage your feelings.
If you take with you only one of these phrases, let it be to Breathe. Control your impulses, in, and out. How many times are necessary.
9. Having courage isn‘t not feeling scared. Having courage is to continue moving forward even if you are scared.
It is not a bad thing to feel afraid. Not at all. We all feel that way sometimes, but what divides us is fighting that fear time and time again until it vanishes.
10. Keep the promises you make to yourself
Start that workout. Start that diet. Finish that essay before going to sleep. It does not matter what, but you shouldn’t lie to yourself and expect others to tell you the truth.
11. Don‘t tell people about your plans. Show them your results
It’s the easiest way to not feeling like you disappointed people.
12. In a year you will wish that you started a year ago
We all said that last year we will start to do this or that. Well? It is not too late if you start now.
13. Progress is progress, no matter how small
Even if you only managed to set the day for tomorrow, you did that! Yourself, manage to pull it together enough to accomplish that.
14. There is no shame in fighting every day with your struggles
The strongest people are no less troubled than you or me, they just don’t stop fighting.
15. Anger is punishing you for another‘s mistake
You already have a lot to worry about in your life by now, as most of us do, carrying the baggage that others left behind is just not worth it.
16. You have to nourish your soul to flourish yourself
Reading a book, walking under the sun, or the stars. Whatever fits you, but you need to keep your mind and soul active.
17. Don’t count the days. Make the days count.
Each and every day is unique. Do something that you will remember a year or ten from now, live a life that you want to tell your kids someday.
18. Mistakes prove that you are trying
There is no shame in failing. You accomplished more than most by just trying.
19. A river cuts through a mountain because of its persistence, not its power
Slow and with progressive steps, humans get to the moon, the river passed the mountain, the tree rose 50 meters against gravity, and you went over it.
20. The strongest persons are always the ones that overcame the harshest pasts.
That’s what makes them strong now. Remember that everything passes, everything goes and everything gets better.
21. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn
It doesn’t matter what you do, life will always manage to give you a lesson for your actions. Be sure to remember them.
22. Learn to rest, not to quit
Resting is necessary, quitting is not.
23. Sometimes storms come to your life to clean your path
A bad time can last for a week, a month, a year. But it passes. And it may wash away with it some important things, but also unimportant persons, things, and worries.
24. A good day begins with a good mindset
The first minutes of your day usually are the ones that start the pace of your mind. Do you know the phrase of waking up with the right step? Well, not necessarily the feet part is true, but that you must wake up feeling ready is a fact.
25. Nothing in the world is as damaging as your own thoughts
To control the world you first need to control your own mind. Your own world. It may be just as difficult.
I hope you enjoyed this. Please subscribe to my newsletter and leave me a comment down below letting me know if you have any questions at all!